4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons

I was asked to bring this delicious cookie to a baby shower and was amazed at how simple it was. Had to share with you. If you have these four ingredients on hand, this is a must bake!

4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons | PepperDesignBlog.com

I adapted this recipe from Martha’s original here. The only ingredient I didn’t have on hand were the coconut flakes, but the three eggs, sugar and salt were pulled from the cabinet (and I’m thinking I’m going to stock coconut on a regular basis because this is a great go-to for a last minute dessert. And drizzled or dipped in chocolate? Yes, a good go-to indeed).

Plus, they’re gluten free! The momma who we were honoring with the shower has a preschool-aged son with a gluten intolerance, it was an added little bonus that this is a sweet treat he can enjoy too.

4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons | PepperDesignBlog.com

4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroonsm

m
Six cups sweetened coconut flakes, 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until frothy.

4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons | PepperDesignBlog.com

4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons | PepperDesignBlog.com

Gradually fold in coconut until it is well coated in wet mixture.

4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons | PepperDesignBlog.com

Use a spoon or cookie scoop to create small mounds of coconut on a cookie sheet (I like to line mine in parchment paper and a bit of cooking spray) and bake at 350 degrees for 15-25 minutes.

4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons | PepperDesignBlog.com

As with most baking, there’s no exact time requirement in the oven, but I like my coconut macaroons golden on the edges and soft on the inside, and that ended up being about 20 minutes.

4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons | PepperDesignBlog.com

Chewy, sweet and so delicious.

4 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons | PepperDesignBlog.com

Have a great start to your week! And if you ever try this one out let me know what you think.

PS More good eats posts found right here.

Comments

1. Grace says

I’ve made these several times, they are wonderful!! My mother in law who is picky with food LOVES these. Thank you.

2. says

YUM! I made these yesterday for my grand daughter’s Easter Baskets. They were so easy to make, and much better than store bought cookies!! Next time, I’ll make sure to have chocolate on hand to drizzle on top, but even without – I know my grandkids will eat them all up (if mommy & daddy don’t beat them to it!) Happy Easter!

3. Suzanne says

Just made these for my new friend :) These are his favorite cookies….I don’t like coconut at all….haha. I’ll let you know what he thinks. Super easy to make.

4. Christine lemmerman says

Made thee’s added a little of cocoanut pure extract and drizzled chocolate over them amazing so easy to do on my second batch .

5. Sarah says

Made these today, they were delicious. Then only change I made was using unsweetened coconut (they were still very sweet) and adding an extra egg white (mine didn’t hold together without it).
    Also my oven must run hot cause at 350 mine were done in 10 min.
    Thanks for the recipe! So easy and yummy!

• says

Thank you for the suggestions! Yes, I agree on the oven. If I hadn’t been watching carefully they would have burned because I was anticipating 20 minutes and they were finished in almost 15.

6. says

These sound SOOOO good right now. Partly because I love coconut macaroons, and partly because I’m trying not to indulge in treats like that these days.

Trackbacks