One of my goals this summer was to take a few moments to capture our entire house on camera. I envisioned a one day little shoot where everything would be nicely styled with that comfortably-lived-in look that we’ve sort of built our house around. I set a date, bought flowers, asked my friend Katie to take the photos and cleaned like you wouldn’t believe. I was able to put about 80% of our house together before Katie arrived. I considered that a success :-).
I thought I’d share the girls’ room pics with you today as I slowly go through and source everything that I can track down. It’s part blog organization, part a goal of mine to have all of this recorded somewhere.
In all truth, I love this room. It might be my favorite in the house. It is built around two little creative, active, imaginative girls that mean the world to me.
It makes sense that the library walls full of books aren’t perfectly coordinated, that the baskets of toys are stuffed randomly, that dolls are crawling out from under beds. If I can get this room 50% of the way there each night before the girls go to bed, I consider it a win.
I want the space to feel organized, but mostly loved.
Whatever home we end up in next, whatever redesign that we think up to fit a third in this room (maybe?), I want to remember every detail about this space just as it is today.
Thanks for letting me share with you!
- Bookshelves – handmade
- Block animals – Melissa & Doug
- Globes – vintage from Pasadena Rose Bowl flea market and eBay (and how we’ve put them to good use)
- Cardboard homes – c/o UncommonGoods
- Green storage containers – Ikea
- Bookshelf task lighting – the full story
- Roman shades – Windows by Melissa (fabric by UFab)
- Window seat – handmade
- Pink pillows – handmade locally
- Dark pink pillow with white pattern – Wild Canary Shop on Etsy
- Zig zag yellow and white pillow – by Quadrille (found on eBay)
- Ragdolls – handmade, one by each great grandma
- Acrylic bookshelves – Clear Solutions card displays
- Wallpaper – Spoonflower (a design that I created and installed)
- Tree wall mural – by mom-in-law and aunt
- Tree wall mural floating branch bookshelves – handmade
- Pendant light – Eden pendant from CB2
- Crib – GULLIVER by Ikea
- Toddler bed – Amazon (similar)
- Mustard knit blanket – H&M
- Pink & white pillow on Liv’s bed – West Elm
- Industrial brass wall light – onefortythree
- Flamingo artwork – Make29 by Elise Blaha Cripe
- Flamingo artwork birch frame – American Frame
- Pouf – Morocco (a trip from 2012)
- Fabric alphabet letters – Prims and Proper on Etsy
- Pink basket – (used for dress up clothes) Fab
- Art board wallpaper – Spoonflower by Frizten
- Wall color – Hot Springs Stone by Benjamin Moore (color matched to Olympic Elite)
Special thanks to Katie Beverley for helping me capture the finished room :).