Prayers Answered

Friends, remember when I shared that Kevin’s 17-year-old brother had been diagnosed with testicular cancer last fall? Last October doctor’s had found cancerous tumors and cells throughout Michael’s entire body – the cancer had spread to major bones and muscles, organs and lymphnodes. He was diagnosed with stage 3 testicular cancer (the source of the cause) and the only place the cancerous cells had not yet reached were his brain.

After a hard fought battle full of radiation, chemo, surgeries, hospital stays, daily shots, medicine with horrible side effects… I am here to share with you that he won. He won.

Who beat cancer? This guy.

This weekend we celebrated. Family gathered from the corners of the States and we celebrated!

Thank you for your positive thoughts and uplifting prayers! I am overjoyed to share this news with you today.

And just a quick reminder to all of you lovely momma’s out there, please share the proper self breast exam technique with your girls – and self testicular examination with your boys. Not everyone is as lucky and testicular cancer is a disease we can beat with awareness. If caught early enough most young men will survive and thrive, but some men do not catch the symptoms quickly enough. My dear cousin was in his twenties when he lost the battle with testicular cancer several years ago. It’s a message worth spreading to every man (especially the young ones) that we know.

source

Battles come in all shapes and sizes. Today, we celebrate!

Comments

1. Marissa says

So happy to hear the wonderful news!! I’m sure God has some great plans for Michael!

2. Janelle says

What wonderful news!! Blessings and joy to your entire family. <3

3. says

Oh, Morgan, I’ve been wondering how Michael is doing. I don’t know why God sometimes answers our prayers with “No,” but I’m so very glad to hear the He has said “yes!” :)

4. Walls Need Love says

Oh my gosh. This is amazing news. We are cheering for you guys today!

5. Ali says

So relieved to hear this MoMo. Love and prayers to you guys. xoxox.

Ali

6. says

We came looking for a design blog, and left with news that made our day so much brighter. Congratulations to Michael for his brave fight and victory. Your message is so important – we need to keep all those fighting this fight in our hearts. Thank you for sharing.

7. Debbie Rosenthal says

I haven’t followed your blog for very long so I wasn’t aware of your families battle, but hearing that a 17 yr old boy beat cancer is good news to wake up to. Don’t stop celebrating!

8. says

Morgan that is wonderful news!! I was wondering about that the other day when I was reading one of your posts. One of the groomsmen in our wedding passed away from testicular cancer just a few months ago at age 34, so it is nice to see a success story!!

• says

It’s a heart breaking disease and one that can be prevented… it’s inspiring to see campaigns like ‘Movember’ that work to bring awareness to men’s health. I’m sorry to hear about your close friend…