Well hello new season. Pops of pastels may be in order to welcome this big change in the year (I’m most grateful for an extra hour of daylight in the evening but also for the impending warmer weather) and have pulled together a little party inspiration board. Spring evokes feelings of new, fresh, clean, happy. Come spring I leave our windows and doors open all day to let in fresh air, I get the declutter bug (we cleaned out our entire garage this past weekend) and I find myself gravitating towards pastel colors like mint and peach.
Last year I threw a summer ice cream social for Liv and her friends. We simply celebrated the season with bright colors, a cold dessert, a playful paper hat project and plenty of toddler singing and dancing one warm afternoon. It was sporadic and fun, and now I’m thinking that we should have as many seasonal parties as possible.
Spring party inspiration:
1. The prettiest pastel wedding (too many ideas to capture)
2. Dipped ombre napkins (instructions here)
3. Striped candlesticks
4. Pastel finger foods (so apparently this is what Turkish Delight is – Narnia, I have always been curious)
5. I must try making my own DIY soda labels
6. I scoop up these colorful straws pretty regularly to keep on hand
7. How clever - pastel chalkboard napkin rings
8. I’m pretty sure I’ll also be trying out some chocolate dipped oreos soon
Welcome back from the weekend! As mentioned above, we spent all of Saturday clearing out our garage to create wide. open. spaces. (sung to the tune of Dixie Chicks while twirling Julie Andrews-style in the center of the garage). It felt awesome to purge and now it feels so great walking into a well-organized space. On Sunday we met up with family and went for a hike plus dinner in Laguna Niguel, a seaside artsy town about an hour and a half north of San Diego. A truly satisfying weekend. Hope yours was as well :).